Saturday 3 November 2007

back up north

That's right, I'm back in the north, albeit just for a weekend. And a busy one it is!

Yesterday I visited the barber (not paying Southern prices), the doctor, a friend in Manchester, a friend in Denby Dale and found time to give blood and sign myself up to donate Bone Marrow.

I'm glad I've done that, as there's so few people registered to give bone marrow, and it's such a crucial thing for saving someone's life. I am also an organ donor and a regular blood donor... so if there's anything else of me anyone wants, just let me know!

Today my mother returns from India where she has been volunteer-working with disabled children for the past month. So I am back to welcome her home!

And Paul Tibbets, the pilot of Enola Gay and the man responsible for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima, has died this week aged 92. While this is sad news for some, I am certain it will be met with other reactions amongst certain Japanese people.

The bomb was responsible for the deaths of at least 140,000 Japanese people. That's from the Japan Times website.

そして、毎日日本語を勉強しています。 テストは十二月二日だ。

No comments: