Sunday 18 November 2007

'I really really wish I could be somewhere else...'

My title today quotes the Razorlight song 'Somewhere Else' and sums up my feelings for the day.

I used to love autumn and winter, but this year and last, I just can't wait for it to end. I want warmth, open windows, short-sleeved shirts! I think I'll aim to move to Hawaii and open a beach bar once I graduate... I think part of the problem this year is being London. Autumn at home (Huddersfield) always struck me as really beautiful, with the changing colours and the falling leaves. In London it just feels bleak.

But enough of that!!! The weekend has been interesting. I enjoyed my first ever full body massage, which was extremely relaxing! I ventured into Regent's Park and Greenwich, both seemingly nice areas of London. Although, after years of seeing pictures of 'the Dome', or the O2 as it is now, I was a little disappointed to see that it's much small than I had imagined!!!

A little news that's grabbed my attention... Asahi News claims that Japan is suffering a butter shortage, and there are worries over prices of Christmas cakes as a result.

No comments: