Saturday 10 November 2007

books... and still ill...

Well, the illness seems to be reaching its latter end (or so I hope!), so I should be bright and breezy in time for classes on Monday morning!

I've been getting through the last few days with a schedule of sleep, Andrews salts, Lemsip and books. At the moment (and in fact, for the last two years or so, on and off) I have been working my way through the works of Haruki Murakami, and have now moved onto his namesake Ryu Murakami. I have recently finished Haruki's The Wind-up Bird Chronicle for the second time, and feel to understand it a little more this time! At the moment I am working through Ryu's In The Miso Soup. Excellent...

Also, in the Japanese vein, I have been watching the anime series Azumanga Daioh, and the drama Mop Girl, trying to understand them without subtitles. Not as easy as you might think!!!

今、村上の本を読んでいます。 イン・ザ・ミソスープ。 そして、あずまんが大王とモップ・ガールを見ます。 いいですよ! とても面白いだよ。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am ill, so I logged onto your blog to read the last couple of instalments. I am full of cold and feeling very icky :( Vernon kaye is doing nothing to cheer me up either, presenting a second-rate version of Family Fortunes. Second-rate compared to Les Dennis that is. I hope you feel better soon.