Monday 8 October 2007

after the weekend...


After a weekend of bad internet connections and much walking around London, here's my latest update.

When a friend comes to visit you in London, you tend to be all blase about the sights, as you've seen them a hundred times. But I think some just never lose their beauty and wonder. Nelson's Column, Westminster from across the river, Buckingham Palace...

I visited the British Museum for the first time too, and was amazed at the sheer size of it. A few hours in there and I only saw a small fraction of what was there. I headed straight for the Japan exhibit and was impressed by the age range of the artifacts.

My Japanese knowledge was tested again this weekend, as my girlfriend's friends were over to stay. Trying to be on the ball with your language skills takes it out of you, and I am still exhausted. But my efforts bore fruit... in the form of a gift from one friend of a child's Hello Kitty picture book for my to test my Japanese reading skills with.

Lastly, I had my audition on Friday for a London Underground busking licence. It was terrifying, yet kind of exhilarating... held on a disused tube platform at Charing Cross, in front of a panel of three and a video camera. I played RP McMurphy by Manic Street Preachers. Have to wait three weeks to find out though, now... Hey-ho!

No comments: