Wednesday 10 October 2007

Journalism / Languages

After a quick chat with David, I began wondering where journalism is heading...

As so many more mediums of reporting news become mainstream (rss, blog, podcast), surely the traditional printed press will eventually become obsolete? As newspapers become much less convenient, what would replace them? It's an interesting subject, especially from my point of view - as a journalist soon to be looking for work. Any ideas?


Wednesday is my busy day lately. Classes from 9.30 until 5, then a mad dash across the city to reach my Japanese class for 6. This lasts one hour, then another hour or so to get home. Although today I will head into the city to meet my girlfriend for a meal. Hoping I find somewhere good to eat! Shouldn't be hard in such a big city (you can tell I'm a country-boy...)

Shorthand and Japanese in one day can be confusing too, as it's learning one set of symbols that bear little relation to the language you speak, and then learning a completely different set. Although I love learning Japanese, it's a beautiful, imaginitive langauge, full of subtleties and ettiquette. And when spoke with a Yorkshire accent, I'm sure it's divine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on with blogs, very interesting

Anonymous said...

Hope the laptop gets sorted