Thursday 4 October 2007

Just thoughts for the day

Japanese people have grown taller in the last 12 years... But while women have slimmed, men have got chubbier. That's according to Asahi news. Interesting...

When I visited Japan last year, I was something of a giant in every direction. I was taller, broader and wider then everybody I met. Children would stare at me. Grown men would stare at me. Neither were discreet.

I loved Japan, and will certainly return there some day. Such a fascinating country and culture.

そして、今日本語を勉強します。 十二月テストをします。


Tomorrow is my day of judgement... the audition. With a bit of luck, I'll blind the judges (conjures up images of Simon Cowell and cronies) with my talent, and you'll see me busking the stations of the Tube before long. Fingers crossed!

It's a romantic idea for me, reminds of stories I read about the great Joe Strummer busking with a Ukulele, or the Manic Street Preachers busking Clash songs in Cardiff, chasing off anyone who dared give them money. I'm not in a position to chase away money, but I do have a ukulele...

No comments: