Friday 19 October 2007

Discovering London - and a live date for my music!

As I have a friend staying with me this week, I have found myself to be discovering more of London as we look for places. Yesterday saw my discovery of Spitalfields Market, which is fantastic! So many really great things, really old, unusual items.

Today I aim to find Harrods and Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge (birthday present shopping!) and the London Dungeons, which should be fun!


In other news, I have had a pub recommended to me for playing live music. So on Monday evening, I will playing The Perseverance's open mic night. It's near Baker St station, on Shrotton Street (Shrotton Road?), so anyone who wants to come, please do!


Japan Times reports that Japan's new Prime Minister, Fukuda, has downcried an office set up by his predecessor whos aim was to make Japan a 'beautiful nation', calling it a waste of money.

Of all the places that I have travelled, Japan had to be the most beautiful country. Although, as I understand it, it is not without its problems in terms of environment. As a primarily urban country, the majority of the population live in the cities, many of which are crowded together in certain areas.

でも、日本はとてもいい国です。 私の一番好きです。

No comments: