Wednesday 24 October 2007

London Calling...

Another interesting day in London...

On a friend's recommendation, I took my girlfriend to a Cuban restaurant near Waterloo for a meal for her birthday. Never having had Cuban food before, it was an experience, and a mighty pleasant one at that! Great food, fantastic atmosphere, and good beer! So check out Cubana near Waterloo station.

Walking my girlfriend home, we were on Clapham High Street when we heard a huge bang. Now, if you've ever been in a car-crash, you know exactly what that bang sounds like... As it happened, one car had run into the back of another, but had managed to hit a woman and her scooter before-hand. We all rushed towards, and several people actually managed to lift the car off her, while the rest of us tried to calm the woman and keep her still until Police and Ambulance turned up... very scary.

Anyone who knows me knows I am no stranger to the car crash, but it was quite surreal to see it from a different angle. The worst was seeing the pain that the scooter-driver was in, and trying to reassure her that she was ok. Frightening stuff.


Otherwise, today, I finally heard from TFL about my busking licence and... my application was unsuccessful. Shame... but there's plenty more open mic nights to be had!!!


And at the moment I have a new addiction... The Japanese manga comic 'One Piece'! Absolutely fantastic. Go buy it at Borders or somewhere!!!

No comments: