Tuesday 23 October 2007

Ruby Tuesday

Last night saw my first venture in to playing live music in the capital. An open mic night at The Perseverance in Marylebone. Around 10 performers, each playing two songs... a fantastic atmosphere! My motive for playng was that yesterday was also my lovely girlfriend's birthday! So it was a little surprise for her too...


Since seeing Brett Anderson play on Sunday night, inspiration feels to be coming to me. I really can not describe how beautiful the music was, and how talented he is as a songwriter and performer. We were also fortunate enough to see him at close range in the flesh before the concert also.


Today is presentation day... so shortly I will be making a comparison of BBC Radio Leeds and the Pulse of West Yorkshire (Bradford) in their news output. Both being local stations where I come from (Huddersfield), this is a project I can get interested in very easily!


and a programme in Fukushima prefecture in Japan is recruiting city workers and residents to try their hand at working on a farm, according to Asahi news. Japan's agricultural background is often forgotten in the face of its pioneering technological developments...

No comments: